Mac's Random Photos

Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Well, a lot has happened. The First Lady came in, and most imporantly, my new camera came in... So here are some pictures taken from the old camera (HP Photosmart 945) and the new (Canon Digital Rebel XTi).


First, the First Lady flew into Midland. Here she is making her touchdown on RWY 28. Now I was fully zoomed in with the Photosmart 945. I wish I had had my new camera for her landing.... oh well.


Here she is pulling up to the ramp.


Here she is getting off her plane.


The next morning I showed up early to get the sunrise and the First Lady's airplane.


This is my favorite. First Lady's plane and our terminal in the background.


There she goes taxiing to RWY 10.


Again with the old camera, I was sitting on the perimeter road on the approach end of RWY 10 when this F/A-18 came in for landing.


Continental on final for RWY 10.


Here it is a little later. As you can see with my burst mode I have not followed the airplane correctly due to the blank screen....

Enter the new camera!!!



Here is my new Canon Digital Rebel XTi!!! Here I have with it the backpack/Camera Bag, 2.0 GB Compact Flash Card, Compact Flash Card Reader, 1 Polorized Filter, 1 UV Filter, Canon EF 75-300mm Telephoto Zoom Lens, Canon EF 18-55mm, and a spare battery!


Here is one of the first pictures I took with the new camera! Here Mira is laying on the carpet. I changed it from color to Black & White.


Here she is sitting on her Throne (The Recliner)!


Here she is talking to me.... OK, so she's not really talking to me. I just gave her a treat and she was eating it when I got this picture.


Well, the best place to try out a new camera is... well... at the airport. I went up to the Control Tower and got some pictures of the T-1s doing touch and goes.


With the 300mm zoom I was able to get a good upclose picture.


American Eagle pulling into the gate, and Continental Express leaving.


Black Hawk parked on the ramp.



King Air departing RWY 10.


Another T-1 landing.


And now it taking off.


The Black Hawk leaving.


another


With the telephot lens, I was able to stay in the vehicle and aim at the butterflies.


With the burst mode I was able to get one in flight.


Southwest arriving on RWY 10. I REALLY love the burst mode on this camera!!!


Here comes my ride!


About to land.


After flying around Odessa, we are on approach to the hangar. Flying in a helicopter has its advantages.


CAF Hangar.

2 Comments:

  • WOW...great pics...new camera does a job...love the butterflies and Mira...take care...love ya'
    Mom....

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at September 14, 2006 5:59 PM  

  • Hey Mac:

    Congrats on the new camera! What is CAF on the hagar roof stand for?
    Confederate Air Force?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at September 27, 2006 9:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home